Monday, January 23, 2012

In response to the ever-popular tag: Perfumes!

Above: My perfume table {*For those who are curious, I got it at Target 2+ years ago and to my knowledge they no longer carry it. Urban Outfitters had been carrying the same one as of recently, but are currently sold out. Also, the two vintage brushes are heirlooms from my grandmother.}

Bottles, from left to right:

GapBody Love Shack, body mist – 2 fl.oz.
  • Described as: bold, flirty, floral
{ My Thoughts }
Haha! This is actually pretty embarrassing that this is readily available in my bathroom. I'm certain I bought this exact bottle when I was like 15 or 16. Gap Body no longer even sells fragrance! I think I've hung onto it b/c it's easy for travel and on-the-run situations. Moving on... (Yikes).

Kenneth Cole Black {for her}, eau de parfum – 1.7 fl.oz.
  • Described as: A delicate aroma of lush florals, citrus, sandalwood and musk, a warm fragrance. Recommended for evening.
{ My Thoughts }
This was my first "real" perfume, not this exact bottle, of course. (I say that like that'd be an outlandish thought after just telling you all I've had the same bottle of body mist for 10 years! Ha!) I definitely agree with the description– it's certainly a "dressy" fragrance, certainly not an every day scent. I personally wear it for like a date night or something of the sort.

Susanne Lang Midnight Orchid, eau de parfum – 1 fl.oz.
  • Described as: Luminous gardenia, jasmine and freesia are kissed by warm vanilla and caressed by the sheerest musk. Smooth, elegant and seductive without ever being over the top.
{ My Thoughts }
I received this as a gift from my boyfriend for Christmas a few years ago and absolutely love this scent. I certainly don't get musk from it at all, but gardenia and vanilla for sure. It's very light/subtle and feminine, and kinda summer-y in my opinion.

Prada Amber, eau de parfum – 1.7 fl.oz
  • Described as: All about amber; other notes come and go, but the amber is prominent from the first spray. Citrus decorates the top notes, a whisper of florals the middle, and a dry, earth patchouli with vanilla accents the base.
{ My Thoughts }
This perfume was also a gift from my aunt a few years ago for Christmas. I'll kickoff by saying this isn't my favorite among my collection, but I wanted it because it is unlike anything I have. I'll be honest that the patchouli part of the description really scared me, as I really dislike that scent, but I don't get patchouli from this perfume at all. For whatever reason I associate this scent with autumn, and most often wear it when bundled in a wool sweater. It's sweet and organic smelling, but not anything harsh.

Miss Dior Cherie, eau de parfum – 1.7 fl.oz.
  • Described as: An amazing blend of strawberry leaves and green mandarin open up this scent. Then blends into a violette, pink jasmine and strawberry sorbet which finishes off with fresh patchouli, musk and crystalline. 
{ My Thoughts }
*Aah!* There's nothing not to love about this scent, point-blank. Again, a gift from my boyfriend – this year's Christmas. The bottle is by far my favorite, I die for the silver bow and houndstooth patterned glass! I think this scent is the quintessential vibrant female smell! It's sweet, it's citrus, it's organic, it's energizing – it just makes you smile! (Can you tell this is my favored perfume?)

And now for the Tiffany & Co. box full of sample viles:


From bottom to top:

Givenchy Very Irresistible, eau de parfum
  • Described as: A red carpet of rose petals illuminated by star anise and the sparkle of verbena and red berries.
{ My Thoughts }
This may be a very un-girl thing of me to say, but I personally cannot stand the smell of roses, so I am shocked that I like this scent as much as I do. It's very elegant, smooth, and little black dress approved. I'd save this scent for something special.

Bottega Veneta, eau de parfum (*sorry you can't see the 'label')
  • Described as: Its notes incude patchouli, oak moss, bergamot, jasmine and pink pepper. Bottega Veneta classifies it as a "leathery floral chypre."
{ My Thoughts }
A.) if you're like me and had no clue what "chypre" meant, it means citrus. B.) I got this as a sample (duh), and it's definitely bold. It reminds me somewhat of Prada Amber, but it's not sweet. Overall it's musky and earthy. I can definitely get a whiff of the patchouli in this one and therefore probably won't be using this vile.

Harvey Prince Yogini, eau de toilette
  • Described as: Purifying powers of sandalwood, the age-defying glow of grapefruit, and the sensual warmth of Egyptian myrrh. (Includes: Sandalwood, golden amber, sensual incense, Egyptian myrrh, pink grapefruit, blackcurrant buds, lily of the valley, star jasmine, rose petals, ylang-ylang, cardamom, madagascar vanilla.)
{ My Thoughts }
This stuff is a dream! I'm truthfully sad I only have a little vile of it! I imagine myself crashing into a sea of cushy pillows and fresh white linens when I smell this. (Too much?) It's ultra fresh, vibrant, really wakes you up and makes you feel energized. Not too much of anything and very light.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy, eau de parfum
  • Described as: With top notes of wild berries and juicy mandarin gently tempered with honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine. Underlying it all are warm tones of amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood, and praline. 
{ My Thoughts }
I'm SO glad I got a sample vile of this in my Birchbox this month, as I really really wanted to try it. I LOVE it! Really anything with gardenia is sure to hook me, so I'm not shocked that I like it. It's light but not diluted, and again super flirty and fun and vibrant. I'm convinced I'll be buying the full size bottle once I've soaked every last drop of the vile!

Lolita Lempicka, eau de parfum
  • Described as: An enchanting and alluring fragrance that gently balances the sweetness of ivy leaves and aniseed with delicate violet and iris root, and finishes with a smooth hint of vanilla and musk.
{ My Thoughts }
I got this as a sample with a Sephora order a while back and truthfully I've forgotten about the scent until now. This one is definitely sugary and for whatever reason kind of reminds me of the white spiced jelly beans (does anyone know what I'm talking about here?). It's not like cupcake frosting or anything super sweet, but more of a natural, earth-derived sweet. I'd say more appropriate for summer, particularly if you plan to spend the day outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment