Friday, January 27, 2012

Tag: Nail Polish Obsession

Alrighty friends, so I just got a couple of new polishes yesterday that I loooove and leu of a few newbies joining my collection I thought I'd show my nail polish collection! So, let's get started:

^ Here's everybody! {Bag: Target 'Contents' brand case, ~$16. Mini-manicure/nail grooming kit: B&BB, no longer sold.}

Alrighty, so I figured to be thorough I'd break-down by color family(?)

THE ESSENTIALS:
*Recap: I swear by each of these products, thus why I've re-purchased time and time again!

NUDES & PASTELS:
*Recap: the essie polish is definitely a favie & I always get compliments when I wear it, the Pixel polish formula's take two coats but that's pretty normal, and the SH growth polish is perfect for toes! and for when your nails just need a break from pigmented polish.

TWINKLERS:
*Recap: I loooove the Nicole by OPI polish, it's definitely a 'most worn' polish for me (see!). The pink glitter Milani polish is also super fun – but, you have to know going in that it's h-e-double hockey sticks to get off! The Garnet Gems is a miss for me, I wish the glitter were set in a clear polish instead of a smokey clear.

THE PINK LADIES:
*Recap: the OPI polish is the quintessential 'holiday' polish, that's always when I bust it out. The SH All Fired Up is hands-down my absolute fav polish color of every polish I own. Love Orly polishes – excellent formula, same with essie polishes. The Bach. Bash is the best summer color.

BLACKS & ALMOST BLACKS:

*Recap: Love the SH Insta-dry formula for darker colors especially, and this black is really slick looking. Hi-shine. The L'Oreal color is pure awful unless paired with Garnet Gems glitter (like this) – that's the only exception, and the only reason it's still in my bag! The Nicole polish is okay... kind of a fall/winter color for me. (*Def. better with a coat of essie Nice Is Nice as a base.) I loooooove In the Navy! Again, one of my 'most-worn'. And finally the nail art pen – loooove it for black tips. Easy to use.

THE BLUES:
*Recap: essie's Mezmerised is another 'most-worn' for me – the pigment and formula of this polish just make me happy :) The Pixel polish is one of my new ones and I haven't tried it yet so we shall see! Both the SH Marine Scene & Purple Potion are misses for me. They are only fun when you have like 3 hours to paint your nails, as they require multiple coats and the formula is not rapid-drying whatsoever. However, both colors do cool things when applied as a thin topcoat.

– • o O o • –

And wrapping up with the zeroes and the heroes – polishes that are a total miss & total successes:

Let's begin with the zeroes so to have a happy ending to this post ;)

*Recap: I've already talked about my displeasures with Stroke of Midnight, Garnet Gems, Purple Potion, and Marine Scene. The OPI polish is just an almost-black brown color and isn't flattering on me – however, I can see it being a flattering polish on someone with tanned or dark skin. As far as the green polish – it's awful. It's not kelly green like it appears, the formula is thin and if you care to read more on my disappointment with this polish read this.

The heroes! Yaaay!
  • OPI An Affair in Red Square
  • essie Nice Is Nice
  • Orly Terra Cotta
  • essie Mezmerised
  • Pixel Thigh High
  • Nicole by OPI Light A Candle
  • essie Bachelorette Bash
  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure All Fired Up (550)

No comments:

Post a Comment