Saturday, May 19, 2012

Birchbox: Best & Worst

As I was doing a little "Spring cleaning" this evening, I ran into all of my Birchbox boxes in my bathroom closet and decided to turn this blog into an excuse to pause the cleaning!

I began my Birchbox subscription in December of 2011, and I'm at my 6-month mark – having received half a year of Birchboxes! I figured such a milestone deserves a mini-review and perhaps a 'best and worst' itemized list of things that I've received in my boxes since beginning my subscription.

My overall review of Birchbox is somewhere between good and great – not wholly one or the other. As of February I hit a lull and in fact told myself I'd quit the subscription service if my March box weren't "a wow". Birchbox must've been listening because my March box was awesome and each box since I've been really happy with. Truthfully I almost forget about my subscription every month and then a get a friendly pink package in the mail and it makes my day – I love that aspect. So, to sum-up: I will be continuing my month-to-month subscription as I am very pleased with my Birchbox service.

Now for the nitty-gritty – the best and the worst list:

Best Birchbox items I've received (in the order that I've received them):
• Harvey Prince Yogini fragrance sample (*I use this once if not twice a week – I LOVE!)
• Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink
• Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy fragrance sample (*This stays in my purse 24/7. LOVE!)
• Jouer Body Butter (*Again, a purse staple. Very moisturizing!)
• Heart Shaped nail file (Stays in my purse)
• LA Fresh Eco Beauty Waterproof Makeup Remover Towelette
• AHAVA Essential Daily Moisturizer for Normal to Dry Skin (*I've soaked up every last drop of this!)
• Orofluido Elixer (like a travel size Moroccan Oil)
• Tea Forte skin-smart teas (Particularly loved the honey one!)
• Color Club Neon Nail Polish (I paint my nails with this probably once a month and always get complements!)
• Befine 'Fine Food' packets: Moisturizer & Exfoliating Cleanser (Different and really worked)
• Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage Dry Shampoo (BEST!)
• Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift fragrance sample (LOVE!)
• Ojon Damage Reverse Conditioner (LOVE!)
• LipFusion Lip Balm (I use 1-2 times a day! Purse staple!)
• Caudalie Cuticle Cream (Sooo goooood)

Worst Birchbox items I've received (in the order I've received them):
• EBoost Orange Natural Energy Booster drink powder (Seriously awful tasting!)
• Befine gentle cleanser (Was not strong enough for my skin type and too oily)
• LARABAR mini (At the top of the list of foods I hate is coconut, therefore this was a miss)
• Stila Smudge Stick (Just not a fan of this product. It bleeds and the color was too teal.)
• Eye Rock designer liner (Just not a fan of the stick-on concept. I'm not 13.)
• ColorScience pressed mineral foundation (Didn't match my skin.)
• Yes To Blueberries brightening facial towelettes (Had a major allergic reaction to these!)
• Zoya TRUE Spring Collection nail polish (LOVE Zoya polish, hated the moss green color)

So, as you can see the awesome products outweigh the misses. There's a few products that I received in my boxes but didn't list here because they weren't "wow", but they weren't "ugh" either. That's what ya get when you're introduced to new things though– some you like, some you don't, and some you try but you probably wouldn't purchase a full size.

Overall, it's been a great 6 months Birchbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment