Saturday, May 19, 2012

I'm Alive, I swear!

Wow, it's been since FEBRUARY that I last blogged on here! Holy Moly! One explanation: NEW JOB! Yes, I started a new job downtown Chicago... it's labor-intensive, a time suck but FUN and very rewarding – in sum, I love it. However, it's been my blogging nemesis! So, instead of trying to recap the last 3 months in one post – let's just start a clean slate!

Let's talk SUMMER! This week & weekend it FINALLY feels like Summer has arrived in Chicago. I love opening up all the windows in my apartment and letting the breeze in. Aaaah.. :) Speaking of the weather, it definitely calls for a different makeup routine than the one I follow for Fall, Winter & the colder days of Spring.



This may be premature, but I'm just really excited to talk about a product I've just tried for the first time today: Clinique BB Cream! (My shade is "Shade 02", in the event you're wondering. I'd recommend if you have more olive or fairer yellow-undertone skin. "Shade 01" is more for those with fair skin with pink undertones). So, I know one day isn't enough time to test a product to determine whether you really do love it... but I just have a *feeling* about this one.

I purchased the Clinique BB Cream with the objective of it replacing my Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + foundation (Shade 25, in case you're wondering), for the Summer. I've been seeking something that still provides coverage, but isn't oily or feels slippery, has SPF for sunny days – you get the point. I've used a tinted moisturizer (like Origins VitaZing) before, but they're just too little coverage for me personally. I've heard a lot of buzz about BB creams lately but have been overwhelmed at the selection. Being that I'm pretty well established with Clinique products in my routine – I figured a visit to the counter might be a good place to get some questions answered and test out the product.

My experience at the counter was better than expected to be honest. When I sampled the product in my hands I was shocked by the formula. Not oily or siliconey, nor does it have a chalky finish which some matteifying products can have. It blended beautifully into my skin and is honestly weightless -- perfect for Summer! I will say however that I was surprised by the pigmentation... for whatever reason I guess I was expecting something more diluted(?)

Being that my objective is REALLY to get a true weightless, light, application– my 'use' may be slightly unconventional I'll warn you:

After cleansing with my Clarisonic (with Deep Pore scrubber) and Clinique Liquid Facial Soap, I then applied my Clinique All About Eyes cream. Then I pumped two squirts of the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel in my palm. To the moisturizer I added roughly the equivalent of one squirt (maybe a teeny bit less) of the BB Cream. Then I rubbed my hands together just enough to mix the two products and applied to my face – making sure to reach all areas on my face and rub in until even coverage was achieved.

To complete the look I applied a tiny amount of Bobbi Brown Corrector (Shade: Bisque) and Concealer (Shade: Sand) to my under-eyes using a Beauty Blender, and swept a little NARS Orgasm blush on the apples of my cheeks. Finish with an eyelash curl and some lip balm & to me, that's a super duper simple Summer routine. (*If you're one who must add a little somethin' to the eyes, a quick sweep using an Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil. *I really like the shade 'Sin').

Woo hoo! Happy kickoff to Summer & I'll really try to be better about blogging!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment